CDIL has completely vertically integrated Semiconductors Manufacturing Facilities with over 16,000 sq. meters of clean room area. This includes R&D to final testing, with a high level of automation, manufacturing a comprehensive range of conventional leaded insertion mount and surface mount packages.
- Over 16,000 sq meters of environmentally controlled clean room area devoted to manufacturing semiconductor devices.
- Engineering and technical resource group of around 150 people totally committed to the highest standards of quality.
- Captive wafer fabrication facility providing total quality control and ownership of the products.
- An in-house R&D facility with many new developments and processes to its credit.
- Capability of processing a comprehensive range of discrete components.
- Quick turnaround on account of a completely integrated manufacturing facility, from R&D to assembly to test.
- State of the art equipment and machinery from industry leaders in Japan, Switzerland, USA and Germany
- An eco-sustaining production system under an enlightened Environment Management Policy.
- A technically qualified team of people to respond to customer requirements globally.
Research and Development
The Research and Development faculty of CDIL is the in-house source of technology for business activities of the Company.
The key Research and Development functions include:
- Development of new semiconductor devices and improvement of existing products.
- Continuous up gradation and introduction of new manufacturing process/technologies.
- Transfer of the R&D initiatives to production with demo of actual production runs.
- Benchmarking competitive device performance and reliability for optimisation of relevant CDIL device performance/process.
- Undertake Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA).
- Provide process training to production personnel.
A knowledgeable experienced team is the heart of R & D at CDIL. Headed by Vice President (Engineering), the team of over fifty includes multi disciplinary expertise covering semiconductor design, metallurgy, physicists, chemical engineering, production, circuit analysts, test and measurement, quality and reliability.